Nayan Chatterjee’s incredible pace earns him two race wins in Coimbatore

Nayan Chatterjee’s incredible pace earns him two race wins in Coimbatore

by Suman Gupta
It was an outstanding weekend for Nayan Chatterjee as he won both Race 3 and Race 4 in Round 1 of the JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship for Cars. After qualifying 2nd and putting in a strong performance in the first two races, a podium finish was all but guaranteed. Two podium finishes however, capped off an excellent weekend for Nayan, which included multiple fastest-laps.

In Nayan’s own words “I’ve been fast since yesterday – I qualified 2nd, and I had a good start in Race 1. Unfortunately, my accelerator cable got stuck and I had to get into the pits. In Race 2, I started 10th and finished 4th, with the fastest lap time of the race. In Race 3, I began 3rd and went on to win the race!”
Nayan did manage to overcome some adversity in Race 3 – “It got too hot in here and my car began to understeer a lot. I was struggling a bit in the third race.”
Nayan’s great performance in Race 3 ensured that he began Race 4 at pole position. Race 4 began with a significant challenge to his pole position, but after consolidating his lead, he gradually pulled away from the rest of the field. “It feels great to win, and I’d like to thank Akbar Uncle and Armaan for coaching me, and JK Tyre for organizing such a lovely championship.”
Nayan will have much to look forward to as he will travel to Malaysia to take part in the Rotax Max Challenge on August 6th!
Nayan Chatterjee is an international kart racer who has been identified as one of India’s most talented racing prospects by Akbar Ebrahim – India’s premier racing mentor. After being backed by both Cello and Venus, Nayan is also going to take part in at least one round of the newly-launched F4 South East Asia Championship, which begins in Malaysia in August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KERALA TOURISM WOOS TOURISTS

Excellent Classes organises 34th edition of HUES, felicitates its meritorious students

Haier Launches Inverter Expert Air Conditioner Series - A New Dawn in Air Conditioning