Westland Publications acquires Sangeeta Chakrapani’s debut book about raising quadruplets, autism, and motherhood

 by Priya Jadhav 

5 December 2023, National - Westland Books is pleased to announce the acquisition of Sangeeta Chakrapani’s debut book titled Whatever It Takes, a memoir about the most difficult time of her life - dealing with challenges of becoming a mother to quadruplets, two of whom are autistic. The book is the story of her resilience of being a hardworking and loving mother, and her relentless will to never give up.  

Commenting on the acquisition of the book, author Sangeetha Chakrapani said, “When strangers came up to me and said my posts made them smile or gave them courage, I realised my story had the power to inspire. I wrote this book with the intention that people would read it and feel that things were not so bad after all. I am glad Westland has decided to help me spread my message of hope.”  

Sanghamitra Biswas, Executive Editor, Westland Books, added, "Sangeetha Chakrapani's memoir about raising quadruplets, two of whom are autistic, is an emotional roller coaster. Her story is moving and empowering, and sheds light on the need to make the world more inclusive. An important addition to our list for 2024.”   

Whatever It Takes will be published by Westland Books in 2024.  

About the Book : 'Mrs Chakrapani, you have four babies inside you.’ Those were the words that changed my life. As long as the babies were inside my body, we managed together. Once they came out, the battles began. From mother, I became a manager overnight.

This book is my journey through the unexpected twists and turns of motherhood. It’s about my relationship with my four children, my husband and myself. And it is about autism and how it changed the course of my life forever.

About Westland Books (a division of Pratilipi) : Westland Books is an award-winning Indian publisher with a diverse and exciting range of books from popular and literary fiction to business, politics, biography, spirituality, popular science, health and self-help. Its key publishing imprints include Context, which publishes award-winning literary fiction and non-fiction; Eka, which publishes the best of contemporary writing in Indian languages and in translation; Tranquebar, home to the best new fiction from the Indian subcontinent; the eponymous Westland Sport, Westland Business and Westland Non-Fiction, and ‘Red Panda’, which publishes a range of books for children of different ages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KERALA TOURISM WOOS TOURISTS

Excellent Classes organises 34th edition of HUES, felicitates its meritorious students

Haier Launches Inverter Expert Air Conditioner Series - A New Dawn in Air Conditioning